Wednesday 26 February 2014

Ode to that soothes the worst of bruises

Strangers passing in the street,
by chance two separate glances meet,
and I am you, and what I see is me,
and do I take you by the hand,
and lead you through the land,
and help me understand the best I can,
And noone calls us to move on, 
and noone forces down our eyes,
noone speaks and noone cries,
noone flies around the sun.

Cloudless everyday you fall upon my waking eyes,
inviting and inciting me to rise,
and through the window on the wall comes streaming in on sunlight wings,
a million white ambassadors of morning.

(Pink Floyd RW)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGwPSPIhohk

My girl, my girl don't lie to me.
Tell me where did you sleep last night?
In the pines, in the pines, 
where the sun don't ever shine,
I would shiver the whole night through.

(Kurt Cobain, Nirvana)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcXYz0gtJeM

Girl, you really got me going.
You got me so I don't know what I'm doing now.
Yeah, you really got me now. You got me so I can't sleep at night.
Yeah, you really got me now, you got me so I don't know what I'm doing now,
Oh Yeah, you got me so I can't sleep at night.
See, Don't ever set me free,
I always wanna be by your side,
Yeah, you really got me now, you got me so I don't know what I'm doing now,
Oh Yeah, you really got me now, You got me so I can't sleep at night.

(The kinks)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2GmzyeeXnQ

Can't buy me Love, Nonono.
Say you don't need no diamond rings,
and I'll be satisfied.
Say you want the things that money just can't buy.

(The Beatles)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=venzPNvge18

Long afloat the shapeless ocean I did all my best to smile,
till your singing eyes and fingers,
drew me loving to your isle,
and you sang," sail to me, sail to me, left me unfold you"
Here I am, Here I am, Waiting to hold you.
Did I dream you dreamed about me?
Were you here when I was full sail?
Now my foolish boat is leaning, broken love lost on your rocks,
For you sang," touch me not, touch me not, Come back tomorrow"
Oh my heart, Oh my heart, shies from the sorrow.

(Tim Buckley)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMTEtDBHGY4

Ek suraj nikla tha, kuch paya pighla tha,
ek aandhi ayi thi, jab dil se aah nikli thi,
dil se re, 
dil toh aakhir dil hai na, mithi si mushkil hai na,

Do patte patjhad ke pedon se utre the,
pedon ki shaakhon se utre the,
Fir itne mausam guzre, wo patte do bechare,
fir ugne ki chahat mein wo sehraon se guzre,
wo patte dil dil dil the,
dil hai toh fir dard hoga,
dard hai toh fir dil hoga.

(A.R Rahman)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UXxo7ILHWU

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh lord,
And I've been waiting for this moment, all my life, Oh lord.
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight? Oh lord. Well, I've been waiting for this moment, all my life. Oh lord.
Well, if you told me you were drowning I'd not lend a hand.
I've seen your face before my friend,
but i don't know if you know who i am,
I was there, and i saw what you did,
I saw it with my own two eyes,
So you can wipe off that grin, I know where you've been,
It's all been a pack of lies,
I can feel it coming in the air tonight. Well, I've been waiting for this moment all my life, OH lord.
Oh lord.
Well, I remember, I remember don't worry.
How could I forget that it was the first time, the last time we ever met,
but I know why you keep this silence on, no you don't fool me,
The hurt doesn't show, but the pain still grows, it's no stranger to you and me. (Drums)

(Phil Collins)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA

I don't know what inspired me to post these particular songs, but I don't think it will be hard to guess if I stop wanting to be delusional. Anyway, to top it off-

There's a moon in the sun, the eclipse is a lie,
born and raised on cons, life is just another try,
It would not do, not do at all to let your scent escape me,
It would be awfully disastrous letting you fade away in the distance, 
but the shadows get long, the sun sets as everyday,
is the light passing from my eyes or my heart? Who's to say? Who's to stay?

(ChiragD)

No comments:

Post a Comment